07 February 2012

Cat Videos

Life is a funny thing. And not "Haha, that stupid cat video is so dumb" kind of funny.

I guess what I really want to say is simple. This whole life thing is a crap shoot. The majority of it is just getting through to the next day. Persistence. Not because it wins the prize, but because you don't have any other option.

I mean, I look around me and I see a sea of people. And although I don't necessarily have all my ducks in a row, the older I get the more I realize that no one really knows what the heck they are doing. Some have a bit more direction than others, but no one has a sure future. So this security crap people talk about confuses me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fully aware that you need to have a solid source of income, and that you need to provide. And I'm not fighting that.

What I'm tired of banging my head against is the thought that ANY 20-something year old has a secure future. Look at the world around us. It's crumbling. Studying Law doesn't guarantee you have a job anymore or 100k a year. Dentists have to move to small towns to have any shot at a practice. Same with physicians. The only thing sure is death. So my buddy Brigham has it right. You want a secure future, study mortuary sciences and become a funeral director.

And if you're a girl ages 18-23 and still haven't gotten through hair school, don't even begin to mention it. It's ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment